American Citizen Services
The U.S. Social Security Administration does not maintain a local representative in Australia. For individuals residing in the Asia Pacific, the regional office for the Social Security Administration is located in Manila, Philippines.
The U.S. Consulates General in Australia may be able to assist with general inquires. Please contact the Consulate General serving your area for assistance with:
- Applying for a Social Security Number
- Changing a name on a Social Security Card
- Replacing a Social Security Card
- Claims for Social Security Benefits
- Reporting a change of address
- Application for Direct Deposit of benefits in Australia
- Reporting non-receipt of monthly Social Security check
- Reporting the death of a beneficiary
If you should require further assistance, you may contact the regional office of the Social Security Administration directly by referring to their contact details on the right side of this page.
Contacting Social Security
General Enquiries: +632-301-2000, select option 9.
Initial Benefit Claims: 1-800-750-030 Toll free from Australia; available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 12pm- 5pm Sydney time (10am - 3pm Manila Time)
Fax: +632-708-9723 or +632-708-9714
Social Security Division
C/O U.S. Embassy
1201 Roxas Boulevard