U.S. Citizen services
American Citizen Services (ACS) Fees
American Citizen Services fees worldwide are established in U.S. dollars (USD). The Financial Management Centre at the U.S. Embassy in Canberra determines an official exchange rate for payments made in Australian dollars. All fees may be subject to change without notice and are non-refundable.
- The current consular exchange rate is set at AUD1.00 - USD1.00.
|Fees when submitting passport Form DS-82|
|Passport Book (Age 16 & Older)||$110.00||$110.00|
|Passport Card (Age 16 & Older)||$30.00||$30.00|
|Fees when submitting passport Form DS-11|
|Passport Book (Age 16 & Older)||$135.00||$135.00|
|Passport Book (Under Age 16)||$105.00||$105.00|
|Passport Card (Age 16 & Older)||$55.00||$55.00|
|Passport Card (Under Age 16)||$40.00||$40.00|
|Fees when submitting an application for additional pages (Form DS-4085)|
|Application for additional pages||$82.00||$82.00|
|Fees when submitting a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form DS-2029)|
|Consular Report of Birth Abroad||$100.00||$100.00|
|Fees for Renouncing U.S. citizenship|
|Renouncing of U.S. Citizenship service fee||$450.00||$450.00|
Notarial fee schedule
|Acknowledgement or Oath, each seal/signature||$50.00||$50.00|
Accepted forms of payment at U.S. Consular Offices in Australia
Either Australian or U.S. Currency.
The Consulates General in Sydney and Melbourne accept U.S. currency in the exact amount and in notes only. Change is not available for U.S. currency. The Consulate General in Perth does not accept cash payment in U.S. currency.
Cash payments sent via mail will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Postal Money Orders & Bank Checks (Cashiers Checks)
Payments can be in either Australian or U.S. currency, and must be payable to the “U.S. Consulate General”. Under no circumstances are other payees accepted, including money orders made payable to the "Department of State". We do not accept incorrect or multiple checks/money orders as payment, even if you have overpaid.
- Personal and Company checks are not accepted
- If an applicant writes on the face of the money order/bank check, our cashier is unable to process it as valid payment. Please do not write anything on the face of the money order/bank check.
- The Consulates General cannot accept U.S. dollar bank checks issued by the National Australia Bank (NAB), Suncorp or Deutsche Bank. Please note that our inability to accept U.S. dollar checks from these financial institutions is due exclusively to processing delays and no other reason.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Perth does not accept postal money orders or bank check issued in U.S. dollars. Please submit payments in Australian dollars only.
- Visa, Master Card, American Express.
- Credit Card payments must be tendered in person. We are unable to accept credit card details supplied through the post. Applicants eligible to mail in an application must send payment via Postal Money Order or Bank Check
- All credit card transactions are processed in U.S. dollars. The actual amount charged to your credit card will reflect the bank’s exchange rate and, possibly, a transaction fee.
EFTPOS is not available.