U.S. Citizen Services
List of Attorneys
U.S. Embassies and Consulates are not able to offer legal advice to U.S. citizens abroad. The Department of State provides information regarding Retaining a Foreign Attorney.
To assist U.S. citizens abroad, the U.S. Embassy maintains lists of Attorneys who have made themselves known to our office. Please refer to the links below for lists of Attorneys in Australia.
- Attorneys in New South Wales & ACT
- Attorneys in Queensland
- Attorneys in Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania & Northern Territory
- Attorneys in Western Australia
For an additional list of Attorneys, please refer to:
- Law Council of Australia
- Findlaw Australia
- The Lawyer's List (USA, Canada, and international)
- Martindale (USA and international)
If you cannot afford an attorney, the Legal Aid Commission may be able to assist you. If the services of your attorney prove unsatisfactory, refer to Complaint Line for contact details of the relevant state bodies.